Saturday, September 4, 2010

Info, dates, and other such fun things

Hello all!  Thanks for tuning in to my blog!  I'm not really a diary/journal/blog person, so bear with me here.  Hopefully I'll remember to post something cool every once in a while!

Ok.  Here's the skinny.  I have just over a month left in Colorado - two weeks at the office and two weeks of fire fighting/trauma training near Denver.  From there, I will be driving back East to spend time with the family and attend my best friend's wedding!  The unofficial/official deployment date is October 17.  I'm still waiting on a plane ticket, but I've its in the works.  Once I fly to New Zealand, crossing the International Date Line, I'll have an afternoon in Christchurch to get my cold weather gear, and then I'll hop on a plane to McMurdo station.  And THEN if all goes well weather-wise, I'll be at the South Pole the day after.  Yikes.

I'll be on the Ice for just over a year, returning to the states in December 2011.  The last flight out of Pole should be mid-February and we will be 'marooned' there until late October/early November.  If you want to send care packages (hint hint*), let me know soon and I'll send you the address - no more mail after February (which means send it now!).

More later....

No comments: